Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thrifty Back to School Shopping

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I have been very busy working on putting everything in my classroom away. It's been more tiring than I anticipated, but the good news is I only have my filing cabinet and desk drawers left to organize! I also need to have a day where I label every darn thing in my room. This will help me and the students stay more organized. Then I will be able to do fun things like decorating and lesson planning. :) A gal on my team had a great writing idea for the first week of school. I can't wait to share it with you!

I just wanted to show you how much stuff I was able to get for less than $40. You heard me right. Less than $40!!


Here's the haul breakdown: 

30 composition notebooks (50 cents each at Wal Mart)
30 pocket folders, with prongs (15 cents each at Wal Mart)
6 baskets (Dollar Tree)
10 plastic shoebox containers with lids (Dollar Tree)

The composition notebooks will be for interactive notebooks for math, something new I am trying this year. The folders will be for vocabulary words. The baskets hold extra supplies for students like markers, pens, pencils, etc. (Utah doesn't require families to provide supplies for their children, so I like to have extra materials on hand for those kids who don't or can't bring their own stuff.) The shoebox containers now hold my math manipulatives. That was a task and a half getting those things organized!

I will be purchasing more things for school, I am just waiting on some extra funds that should arrive next week. I want to buy more pocket folders and composition notebooks, plus whiteboard markers, Post-its, microfiber cloths for the class iPads....the list goes on and on. 

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment