Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day of School!

I am exhausted, my feet ache, and my voice is sore. I have been keeping my vitamin C intake up because I don't want to get sick!

Today was the first day of school. Hoorah! I am glad it's over. The day just flew by for the kids, but it was sooooooooo long for me. I hate the first few days really. I don't know the kids or the class dynamics, they don't know the routines, and I have to do a lot of practice with the simple procedures. It's just a pain, but we have to put in the effort now so we can fly through the rest of the year.


This is what I had on the board as the students came in. I played soft, gentle music like I always do in the mornings. Most kids didn't read the directions, but I had something to point to when they had a question. "I don't know where to put my back pack." "Let's read what number four says again."


These were on their desks as they came in. The name tags have the students' names on them. I also put a whiteboard marker on there. Whiteboards and math texts went in their desks. They didn't need anything else today. The questionnaire was something simple to do so I can get to know the students.

Alright. This tired teacher is going to bed. I need to wake up early to prep for tomorrow. I couldn't stay after school today, so I get to wake up before the butt crack of dawn. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment