Monday, August 12, 2013

Labels, Labels Everywhere

After I created all of the labels for my classroom, I had dreams about labels. It was a consuming task, but one I am grateful is completed. I'll show you how I added my own flavor to it. :)


I first started by making a list of everything that I wanted to be labeled. I went around the room with a notepad and made a list for big labels and small labels. Then I went home, typed them up, and printed them out. The big labels are name tags, and the little labels are file folder stickers. I found these goodies in a $2 clearance cart at Office Depot. Score!


For some of the big labels, I wanted to jazz them up for my rainbow theme.


So I stuck them to paint chips.


And then I used packaging tape to secure them to various surfaces.


That counter won't always be so cluttered. Right now it is holding supplies for the first couple of days of school.


Sometimes the paint chips were too big, so I just peeled the name tag off and stuck it directly to the surface.


Also, I didn't use paint chips for things that will be behind closed doors.


This is a combo of paint chip tags and just peeling directly onto the surface.


There are name tags for the math manipulatives on the right. I used three for each of those plastic shoe box containers. One label went on the lid, one on the outside, and one on the actual space it needs to return to.


Supplies for my teacher area.



I used file folder labels for the edges of the bookshelves. My books are sorted by subject.


extra supplies for students


My arts and crafts cabinet that I am so proud of!


science/cooking cabinet


This cabinet has games for inside recess, supplies for myself to make tea in the mornings, and the top shelf has mason jars for our borax experiments, bandaids, and empty containers that will probably find a use someday.

That's it. It was a lot of work, but I am glad I took the time to do it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment