Monday, August 5, 2013

Post-It Plan Book

I have to start off by saying I completely and totally took the idea from The Wise & Witty Teacher. I followed her steps, used the same materials, and did everything almost exactly the same. I only tweaked a few things to make it match my schedule. This is not my idea!! I just want to make that very clear.

It's been hard finding a plan book that I like. I've made my own, purchased a few, bought some planning apps on my iPad. So far I haven't been happy with anything. After lots of research and months of consideration, I decided to give this a try. I love DIY, and I love Post-Its. This seemed like the perfect thing to try!

I won't go through this exactly because The Wise & Witty Teacher has already done so on her blog. Please head on over to her site and see what she's done. She has marvelous ideas!


First I assembled my materials. I purchased that plastic pocket folder to carry the plan book, but now I'm not so sure it will work. I may need to do some tweaking. No worries, though. It's such a nice pocket folder that it will definitely find another use.


Next I considered the subjects I wanted stickies for, played with the arrangement, and then I drew the lines.


I labeled the days of the week and the subjects.


Then I placed my stickies! I brightened the color on this picture. This layout works well because Fridays are always half days. Also, I want to make sure I always get to reading and math on Fridays, but we don't have time for both writing AND science. Depending on the Friday, we will do either or. I changed the color to show Friday will always be different for that subject slot.


Next I tabbed the weeks.


I have no idea what our daily schedule will look like, and I probably won't set it in stone for at least a couple of weeks after the start of school. I'm ready for when my schedule is ready! I placed these stickies on the front inside cover.


I've already started planning our first day! I need to meet with my team to get a better idea of what the first week will look like. We have placement probes to administer, bench mark tests, etc.

This took the better part of a day, but it was nice mindless work. I enjoyed listening to various forms of entertainment as I put this thing together. I hope this works out. It looks so pretty! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment